CherieXpressions-My Art Space

Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.



- Henry Ward Beecher



Monday, September 6, 2010

Beautiful Clarinet

I love the clarinet.  I play and teach piano but the clarinet has been one of my favorite instruments.  I just love how it sounds, so mellow and beautiful.  When  my son took music in high school, his instrument was clarinet.  I bought one for him to practic onand I decided to teach myself too.  I can play a bit but need to practice a lot more; just don't get enough time.
Listen to this  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGHnv7tWigM
 Acker Bilk is Bernard Stanley Bilk of Somerset, England. ( Acker is a term for "friend"). He took up the clarinet in the UK Royal Army. In 1958, he formed the Paramount Jazz Band.

This is an instrumental and was written in a taxi cab.It was originally named after his daughter Jenny n his LP Sentimental Journey.The song's  name was changed when Bilk played it as the theme song for a new children's TV show, Stranger On The Shore. The show, which aired on the BBC, the was about a French "Au Pair" girl living in England - she was the Stranger On The Shore.6 months after this hit #1 in England, it went to #1 in the US, where Billboard named it the #1 single for the year 1962. It topped the charts there for 7 weeks.This was the first song by a British artist to top the US charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment